06/20/2016 - 06/22/2016
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Charlotte, NC, USA
4450 Fortune Avenue NW
Concord, North Carolina 28027
Francisco Migoya, Head Chef at the Cooking Lab (Modernist Cuisine), is not only an accomplished pastry chef but he is also the author of three pieces of literature including “The Elements of Dessert”, “The Modern Café”, and “Frozen Desserts”. Formerly the owner and chocolatier of Hudson Chocolates in the Hudson Valley of New York, Migoya had previously earned the honorable recognition as Faculty Member of the Year at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, New York, where he taught as a Professor for 6 years.
In addition to Migoya’s impressive list of achievements, he has also been named Master Artisan Chef (Pastry Guild of Barcelona, Spain – 2013); Top Chocolatier (Dessert Professional); a Top Pastry Chef in America (Tasting Table – 2013); a Top Pastry Chef in America (Dessert Professional – 2011).
In this seminar, you will learn:
- Emphasis on flavor forward desserts
- How to improve classic methods to achieve new results
- Science in the kitchen focusing on the structure and composition of pastry ingredients
- How to better understand the functionality of science and how to manipulate it
- Plated desserts as a form of architecture, textures, and flavors
Bookings are closed for this event. See more classes.